Wednesday 20 January 2016

CHRONICLES OF TSLOW~ CHAPTER 6~ AND SICKNESS CAME CALLING...(CONCLUSION)





*IF YOU MISSED CHAPTER 5, GO HERE*


Aha, and I am back. Hope you guys have not gone mad at me over my being all too corny when it comes to revealing the things you yearn for the most? Why e be say na when e come to bad things, na imm people eye dey open pass like a puppy looking unto his master waiting for his next piece of bone?




Anyway, continuing from where I left off in the last post.  Like I said, I really didn’t get what connected these 2 girls to me but for one reason or another we just bonded. Well for those of you who have an idea as to how the vegetation in Akure is, you would come to realize that it’s evergreen vegetation made it a good breeding ground for all these messed up Malaria carrying mosquitoes and your truly was a victim.

On a good day in school, all of a sudden I started getting hot all over my body with a splitting headache as if some two old women in my village were pounding hot yam in my head. After a while though, it stopped only to pick up later in the evening again. And as the devil would have it then, I no come get kobo for hand during that period; talk about perfect timing for things to go wrong for me, yea?

And apart from all that, my closest friends in school then had all vanished sort of, because I couldn’t find them anywhere. The only people I could easily access were my 2 lady friends, who would always come check up on me like every 4 hours and ensure I had something to eat. We all thought the sickness wasn’t that bad, even I myself always tried to calm them down that it was nothing that I would ride it out but omo mhennn, lo and behold that was when it happened o. that night!


We were all together in my little room then, it was a room within a lodge which had its toilet facilities in another part of the building. And so it was I stepped out real quick to go have a pee while my ladies in shiny armour were busy watching a movie on my bashed out 16’ Panasonic TV that didn’t even have a remote control. While having my pee though, I suddenly started feeling feint, and before

I could figure out what was happening , my brother na feint I feint o!! Before I knew I hit the toilet floor with a heavy thud and next thing I knew it was all darkness. By the time I opened my eyes a bit, I could tell I was being dragged into my room by faces I couldn’t really make out in the darkness. Eyes went shut again, darkness! Eyes opened again and I could feel a pair of hands all over my body, but why should I be feeling a pair of hands on my body when I knew I ought to have been clothed?

And that was when it hit me that I was stark naked! When I say stark, I mean stark! I was as naked as the day my mum gave birth to me, still I couldn’t tell who it was that took my clothes off and went about doing their best to have me cleaned up of the urine I had fallen unto earlier on.

By now I am sure your guess is as good as it should be, because a couple of hours later was when I got to know that it was those girls who actually came to my rescue after they heard my scream as I feinted. And they single handedly dragged me back into my room, peeled off my urine soaked clothes off my body, cleaned me up and got me into clean clothes while ensuring they slept by my side all through the night till it was dawn, at which they called up a cab guy to take me to the state central hospital within the city centre.

They did all this without even asking or collecting a dime from me, even after I had recuperated and wanted to repay them for their expenses, these girls didn’t budge. They told me not to worry because they said they knew if it were either of them in the same shoes, that I would do same. Hmm, but would I? From that day I learnt a new lesson; KINDNESS HAS NO PRICE. YOU JUST DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment